Guidelines For Parents and Students
- Once a student has entered the school grounds, he may not leave again without written permission from home. Students may not leave the campus for lunch unless accompanied by a parent.
- Students will be allowed to use the office telephone only if an emergency exists. Forgetting books, lunches, gym clothes, or sports uniforms does not constitute an emergency.
- St. Paul’s book covers are required on all hardbound textbooks. The school will provide the first set. Replacement book covers may be purchased in the office for 10 cents each. Name and grade of student must be written on the inside jacket of the book cover for identification. Uncovered textbooks or misplaced textbooks recovered by the staff are subject to a 25 cent fine.
- Skateboards and roller skates/roller blades are not permitted on school grounds. Bicycles may not be ridden on school grounds.
- The crosswalk must be used by students at all times when crossing the street. Parents, please assist us in the enforcement of this rule.
- The playground gate on Bakman Street will be open from 3:15 to 3:30 pm for school pick up to help reduce congestion.
- The law prohibits parking and leaving your vehicle directly in front of the school. This area is for loading and unloading of passengers only. It is illegal and dangerous to double park when picking up or dropping off children. DO NOT DOUBLE PARK. Please help us prevent possible injury to your child and others. School parents should not use Preschool parking spaces.
- Students must be accompanied by an adult to functions in Faith Hall.
- Gum chewing is prohibited during the school day and during day care hours.
- Students are not permitted to have head phones, cell phones or pagers on campus or at school activities.
Tuition Policy and Guidelines
The operating budget of St. Paul’s First Lutheran School is primarily funded in two ways: 1) support from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 2) tuition and fees paid by school families.
The annual cost of educating one child at St. Paul’s school is over $8000. This includes staff salaries, school supplies, insurance, utilities, and building maintenance.
The tuition charged to parents is a means to adequately support the school ministry and lead parents to appreciate the tremendous value of a Christian education for their child. Often when a person gets something for nothing, its meaning and value is “nothing” to that person. The tuition paid at St. Paul’s School is a tremendous investment in a child’s temporal and eternal future. It is well worth the sacrifices that may occur when committing to a tuition payment plan.
The Christian education our students receive is priceless. Every day our students have the opportunity to grow in their understanding of God’s love for them shown through daily blessings and the eternal gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. All parts of the curriculum are founded on God’s Word and His plan for people here on earth. Our students receive a solid, well-rounded education that prepares them for this life and eternity.
Parents that have the financial means to pay the annual tuition are expected to diligently pay the monthly commitment. Prospective parents who value Christian education but foresee the annual tuition as an obstacle should meet with the principal to discuss alternative tuition plans.